Saturday 16 April 2011

A bit of HDR...



Today I went on a bike ride to take advantage of the lovely weather and took a camera with me in the hope to try (warning: geeky word usage) Automatic Exposure Bracketing to create High Dynamic Range images (HDR)  (I think I need a lie down after that sentence)  And these are the results.  Basically it is a way of getting all of the tonal range your eye sees into a picture by taking different exposures of the same scene and combining them.  I quite like a few of the effects, I think it has worked best on the photo of Berkswell Church, it's kind of surreal, almost film-esque.  I used some software called Photomatix Pro as I wasn't getting the results I wanted in Photoshop, I think I need a little more practice, I shall persevere!  I need to take a tripod out with me and maybe even a remote to make sure I'm not moving the camera as it causes it to have these funny double exposure "ghosts".  Pleased with it for a first attempt though!






No comments:

Post a Comment